January 20, 2012

let's take a moment.

Whilst reading everyone's blog today, I noticed how different people are as their "online self." Now, I think that it is very difficult to judge people based on their performance on their blog. I mean, it is obvious to distinguish who spent time on their posts and who completed them with the intention of receiving a passing grade. But still, I find it difficult. I guess that means that I can cross critic of any kind off of my "future careers" list. Anyway, on to the assignment.

I think that the personal touch that Nighthawk adds in his/her blog is inspiring and fascinating. It makes me want to read the books that he reads so that I am able to experience his emotions myself.
http://kaleidoscopeeyes00.blogspot.com/
"I want to feel what he feels. Is being infinite running into the sunset, young and care-free, casting a mere silhouette to the past? Is being infinite the feeling of escaping a small Midwest town and never turning back? Or is being infinite not having any feeling, whatsoever?"
I find this passage to be especially riving because this person takes his whole life and puts it into perspective. Interesting how a book can trigger those emotions....

Our assignment the other day was to post about the opening scene of the Dead Poets Society (you might have seen my post about that last night). After viewing a majority of the blogs, I've chosen http://curmudgeonsareus.blogspot.com/

Although this is a short paragraph (something I obviously can't do), it seems to include all the details from the opening scene. The blogger includes vocabulary words from this class (bonus!) and uses them in an efficient manner. I also like their idea of the school being a place of conformity, especially because I can relate to that topic (it's basically what I wrote about).
"The relentless plowing under of any feelings of individuality" is a line that definitely stands out to me. The adjectives and sense in this sentence really intrigues me. 


I'm inspired by all of my peer's blogs and can't wait to keep up with each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment