May 20, 2012

Reading Log April 30, May 7...ultimately the last one

So this is the reading log catching up for the two weeks that I did not complete one. The reason why I was not able to complete reading logs for those weeks are because I had AP tests and barely any books to read! But this weekend I read a collection of poetry by William Blake and I though that I'd share my opinions on the literature with you. I thought the poetry was a work of art. You know how sometimes you can just sit with someone and say nothing, but completely understand what they mean? Well, that's how I responded to Blake's literature. I thought that, although he lacked some simple grammar techniques and expansive vocabulary, his work was magnificent. He brought together so many different aspects of life, both the innocence and the experience, that humans just can't seem to understand. He brought together the reasons why life may suck at some points, along with the innocence and bitterness that life has in store for humans as they journey along. He showed the stages of growing old, the realizations, the epiphanies, the rotting of pleasure. I have gained immense respect for William Blake. What began as a research paper requirement for AP literature grew into a new-found passion for 19th century poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment